Sunday, April 16, 2006

Funny lady

I got an email from my friend Melody the other day. Actually it was more than a month ago. And I have not written her back. See, I told you... why can't I just sit still long enough to hit reply?

Melody lives in Iowa. Crazy, huh? She always, and I mean always, knows precisely what will make me laugh.

She said:
know how amused you were that we have convenience stores named "kum-n-go"? i thought of you the other day on the way to work because they had a story on the radio about a kum-n-go robbery. the item stolen, condoms.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Shannon! I love you and miss you. :)

Anonymous said...

the kum-n-go eh? well, Philly's convenience store--the neighborhood WAWA.
yup.
WAWA.
There's nothing like a grown woman telling someone she has to go to the WAWA to go get some smokes. nope. I think people are too embarassed to hold up a WAWA because imagine the conversation with their cellmate.
cellmate 1: uh, so whatcha in for?
cellmate 2: i hotwired a benzo, what about you?
cellmate 1: i held up a WAWA.
cellmate 2: a what?
cellmate 1: a WAWA
cellmate 2: i don't do baby talk man. you better watch yourself. no one likes baby talk in here.

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

testing, 1, 2, 3...

Anonymous said...

JT, I take what you say to heart about the wedding schtuff. But you know what would make my wedding really shine? You singing The Devil Went Down to Georgia while playing a one-stringed guitar (or one-stringed fiddle, which is probably more fitting). Or you doing a hula dance in a grass skirt with some coconut shells on your boo-bays and never once cracking a smile. Take your pick. :P